Saturday, October 20, 2007

Training Wheels Are Off!

So we're finally all moved in. Phew! Now I can focus more on these two assignments for tutoring. I'm posting the first pass at blocking in my character's jump. This is the first time I've animated something without following a tutorial, so the training wheels are off and like first riding a bike....you're thrilled and scared you're gonna crash, but we learn a lot from the mistakes so bring 'em on!

Oh, and at this stage of the block-in I'm only concerned with how the lower body and head are performing. I need to make some tweaks to the head here still and then I'll attack the arms.

I'm also posting a diagram of the arc of action in the hips and one knee. I take some renders and composite them in Photoshop so I can tweak parts to get the motion I want at this block-in stage. Again, I'm not sure what the best working method is, but so far this is working. Will be interesting to see how Dr. Stephen works when we start up our sessions.




No comments: