Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tutoring Session 5

Want to come back and put some more detailed notes here, and in a few other posts below...and will do so after tutoring is over [don't you love you can edit past posts that way?!]. For now I am working on turning the lower half of a character around 180 degrees. Below is what I submitted earlier this week to Stephen. It's pretty rough still...kind of robotic...but much better than what we looked at during out last session. Biggest note out of the last session was making sure the body's weight shifted to the weight bearing leg well before the other leg started lifting off the ground....and of course to be on the look out for arcs in the hip area [will break that down when I edit this post].

Feedback welcome...as a beginner really trying to nail down body mechanics and figure out a good working method in Maya.





-As you can see the end isn't quite worked out yet...legs are a bit off..too far of a stretch.
-I've got some leg popping happening..part of what I think is leading to a mechanical feel.
- Animated this pretty much straight ahead, though I knew roughly the poses I wanted to hit. Of course at the moment I'm not quite hitting them.

1 comment:

Bobby Pontillas said...

Hey Adam!

Thanks for sharin!

If I could humbly offer up my 2 cents, I think one of the biggest reasons why its lookin a little mechanical, is because the timing is too even. The steps are all kind moving at the same pace. I have the same issues with my work.

Try varying up the speeds from move to move. Something like a slow, fast,slow,sort of thing. Break it up a little!